Philippines is a country known for many things. Filipinos are known to be one of the hardworking, hospitable races in many places.
Philippines is a country that is rich in natural resources and has many beautiful places and tourist spots.
Being a Filipino, there are many reasons to be proud of. But personally, I only have one, and one reason only to be proud about being a Filipino.
With the mercy and love from GOD, I am glad that I have seen the day that I discovered Ang Dating Daan (The Old Path) the longest running religious program on Philippine tv.
Ang Dating Daan (The Old Path) is not a religion but a religious program on tv and on radio. It is being hosted by Bro. Eli Soriano.
Ang Dating Daan (The Old Path) is now on its 34th year and still counting with GOD’s help.
On the very first day, for the very first time that I watched Ang Dating Daan (The Old Path) I started knowing the pure gospel of the LORD that eventually led to my decision to change join the true Church written in the Bible.
I am only proud to be a Filipino only because of my faith, and my faith only. I am a proud Member of the Church of GOD International.
Bro. Eli Soriano is a Filipino and I am a Filipino and for that, I praise and thank GOD eternally.
With GOD’s help despite of all the odds and obstacles that went along your way as a traveler in this world, you were able survive and reach this chapter in your life. As you continue to live and aim for another 10 years GOD willing, as always with GOD’s help, I hope that your faith and trust in GOD will become stronger than ever.
As a tribute and a way of acknowledging GOD’s innumerous works in your life, listed below are 10 of the countless and marvelous things about your journey as a Christian:
10 years of enduring the sufferings and pains. (carry on, with GOD’s help)
10 years of enjoying the comfort under GOD’s care. (keep on enjoying!)
10 years of residing inside the best – est house ever! (the best place to be, yo!)
10 years since you officially join the platoon that has an unbeatable leader. (this rocks!)
10 years since you have been receiving teachings that are oh so heavenly and fantastic! (I could not agree more)
10 years of being unprofitable servant. (So likewise ye, when ye shall have done all those things which are commanded you, say, We are unprofitable servants: we have done that which was our duty to do. – Luke 17:10)
10 years of enjoying heavenly privileges and benefits of being one of the sons who are called inside. (wonderful!)
10 years of living with the inner man in you. (But let it be the hidden man of the heart, in that which is not corruptible, even the ornament of a meek and quiet spirit, which is in the sight of God of great price. – 1 Peter 3:4)
10 years since you finally decided to leave your religion whose beliefs are unbiblical. (Lucky you!)
10 best years of yours ever! Thanks be to GOD
I wish that GOD will continue to love you more and more and GOD willing i hope that you inherit the eternal life, a wonderful life with GOD
Psalms 90:12 (King James Version)
So teach us to number our days, that we may apply our hearts unto wisdom.
Happy 10th (and tick … tock… tick…tick… tock… and still counting) Birthday to you!
I grew up recognizing that there is Almighty GOD in heaven who created me and every creature on earth and on the universe. I grew up being a religious person, although sad to say, I was raised believing in the false doctrines and teachings of the false religion where I used to be affiliated with.
One fortunate day, I was watching television and I unintentionally discovered a religious program – Ang Dating Daan (The Old Path). Eventually, it became my most favorite tv program and watching it become one of my habits.
What I like most of that tv program is that the main host of the program who happens to be Bro. Eli Soriano, talks and preaches many things about what is written in the bible. I was pretty surprised and amused about the facts and information that the bible contains. To me, it is really a revelation.
The priests and other teachers in my previous religion do not teach those kinds of matters concerning faith. This proves that they themselves do not know the entire bible and the true essence of what is written in the bible. During mass and religious gatherings, what they only do is a repetition of what they have done before, what they preach is the same as they have preached years and years before. Nothing new, nothing was added, nothing has been added to my knowledge about faith. Nothing! Nothing! Nothing! From my previous religion, there was nothing really beneficial that I have learned and gained spiritually wise. To add to my frustration and disappointment about my previous religion, I have found out that their doctrines and religious practices are not in accordance to GOD’s will. And worst, the religious practices they perform are abominations against GOD.
Among all of the preachers and people who claim to be that they are sent by GOD, there is only one who I have proven to be the only one sent by GOD and that is Bro. Eli Soriano. The only one who teaches the truth about GOD’s words and doctrines.
Not that I am being fanatic, but all the years and years of watching his programs that airs on television and those that can be watched via streaming, I have proven that there is none like him. There are plenty of people who want to defeat him on a debate but still, no one has become successful. Until now, he remains undefeated with GOD’s help. As it is written in the book of Luke 21:13- 15 of the King James version, it says;
13 And it shall turn to you for a testimony. 14 Settle it therefore in your hearts, not to meditate before what ye shall answer : 15 For I will give you a mouth and wisdom, which all your adversaries shall not be able to gainsay nor resist .
Now, am I just being fanatic? Am I just being biased? Here are the links, watch and so you, yourself will prove:
I came to realize further that GOD’s faithfulness and kindness to humanity is so vast and immeasurable that no people can fathom. Everything that HE is doing is for the good of the creatures that HE created especially for the people. HE sent HIS Begotten Son who sacrificed and gave His life for the sake of the people. HE sent a man, a preacher, to the world to teach people about HIS words and doctrines so that in the end, we will be saved from eternal damnation and from the fires of hell. These are GOD’s acts of salvation because of HIS love for us.
Hopefully, I will die fighting for the faith that I received from GOD. I have a dream that someday I will live in paradise with GOD to whom I owe everything and forever, I will sing thanks and praises for HIS endless love.
Bro. Eli is known by many people as a religious man. Many people know him while some pretend that they do not know him as well. Many people love him and some people hate him. Many people want him alive while some want him dead. Be that as it may Bro. Eli is Bro. Eli – a man with a pure heart.
With GOD’s help, he was able to do many charitable deeds. Some people acknowledge it, while some do not. Many people do not pay gratitude, first to GOD and then to him for the kindness and compassion that he has shown but instead, they pay him back by maligning his personality.
Be that as it may, still, he continues to do what GOD has mandated to him to do, and that is to do good to others without expecting anything in return.
Last Monday, April 4, 2011 (1st of Nissan, Christian New Year!) Bro. Eli celebrated his birthday in flesh and yesterday, April 7, 2011, he celebrated his 47th birthday in Christ.
I am very happy and thankful to GOD I was able to witness and joined such wonderful celebration and it was a feast in deed! Feast not on the food that spoils but on the food that makes the inner man grow stronger in faith i.e GOD’s words.
Although I am not a kind of person who has attained and achieved major milestones, awards and recognitions that the life here on earth has to offer, but I am still proud because I have known GOD and I always feel HIS love and care for me despite of my humble being.
Speaking of acknowledgement, I would like to thank GOD first of all and Jesus Christ and the Holy Spirit as well for being always be of assistance and guidance to me and to my loved ones. Also, I would like to acknowledge the things that Bro. Eli did to my life with the help of GOD. I know he, himself cannot do anything without GOD’s help.
Thank GOD, thank Jesus for sending Bro. Eli in the midst of us.
And also, I would like to say to GOD and to Bro. Eli —
1. Thank GOD for making me realize that there is hope with GOD amidst all of the madness and evil things in this world.
2. Thank GOD that you willfully offered yourself to be a humble servant to our Master – GOD.
3. Thank GOD for introducing me to GOD and for teaching me how to serve HIM.
4. Thank GOD for letting me know how important I am to GOD.
5. Thank GOD for being an instrument to GOD to make HIS marvelous work of salvation known to me and to our Christian brethren.
6. Thank GOD for teaching me how to serve GOD.
7. Thank GOD for caring for us.
8. Thank GOD for being one of my inspirations.
9. Thank GOD for the spiritual food that you are feeding us.
10. Thank GOD for teaching me how to pray.
11. Thank GOD for teaching me the Christian doctrines.
12. Thank GOD for sending GOD’s messages for me.
13. Thank GOD for your sweet tweets, it never fail to make my day.
14. Thank GOD for your laughter and smiles that bring joy to my heart.
15. Thank GOD for teaching me how to dress up, the Christian way.
16. Thank GOD for being a parent in faith to me.
17. Thank GOD that you brought up our Kuya Daniel Razon in accordingly with GOD’s help.
18. Thank GOD for the words of wisdom that GOD has given to you.
19. Thank GOD for telling me that I should love myself and others even my enemies.
20. Thank GOD for inviting me in to come inside GOD’s home.
21. Thank GOD for the good news that I too, has a chance to attain GOD’s mercy and salvation.
22. Thank GOD for teaching me how to become more patient and understanding.
23. Thank GOD for teaching me how to live a more simple life.
24. Thank GOD for the songs of praise that you composed with GOD’s help that makes me sing from my heart.
25. Thank GOD for the joy that you bring to my life just by seeing and knowing you are alive.
26. Thank GOD for being a protective brother to us.
27. Thank GOD for yelling at us so we realize our mistakes and shortcomings.
28. Thank GOD for your rebuke and for disciplining us.
29. Thank GOD for spearheading the charitable projects and works where I and others benefit from.
30. Thank GOD for providing us shelter.
31. Thank GOD for being HIS instrument to make my eyes to see.
32. Thank GOD for being a good adviser.
33. Thank GOD for teaching me HIS commandments so I will become fearful to HIM.
34. Thank GOD for teaching me how to live my life accordingly.
35. Thank GOD for teaching me how to thank GOD.
36. Thank GOD for teaching me how I should fulfill my duty.
37. Thank GOD for making me realize how happy and wonderful Christian life is.
38. Thank GOD for taking care of yourself so you will be able to take care of us with GOD’s help.
39. Thank GOD being very considerate to us.
40. Thank GOD for training Church workers to be humane, helpful and GOD fearing.
41. Thank GOD for the big heart that HE has given to you.
42. Thank GOD for sharing your blessings to us.
43. Thank GOD for making the good news of salvation known to humanity.
44. Thank GOD for showing me a glimpse of heaven.
45. Thank GOD for being HIS instrument to me and to many people to have a renewed life in accordance to GOD’s will.
46. Thank GOD for removing my doubts about the existence of GOD.
47. Thank GOD because inside the Church of GOD where you currently preside its members, I am finally home!
Although I am a very worthless being, I have found peace and real happiness in the hands of Almighty GOD! Thanks and glory be to GOD forever and ever!
The year 2010 is slowly coming to an end and GOD willing, another year will commence. I guess writing this year end entry on my blog is not too early; it might be just in time. For i myself do not know what tomorrow will bring. I do not know if i am still alive, i maybe in the state of coma or i may be dead tomorrow or few hours from now. But be that as it may, i am thankful to GOD that HE has given me opportunity to exist in this world and that is tantamount of giving me a chance to live with HIM in eternity. I feel fortunate that GOD has given me a wonderful life and for teaching me how to live the life that HE gave me in accordance to HIS will. I admit that i am not perfect, i have done so many mistakes, and yes, few regrets, i have. On the other hand however, i still feel that i am blessed with so many things in life. Even though that my life is not an ideal one for most people, but i can say and inside my heart i can feel that what i have is all that i need and what i really deserve i.e – the best. As what Bro. Eli has said, GOD has given us the best that we deserve.
Often times, people keep on whining and cursing their lives away, feeling that they are being forsaken by GOD. They always blame GOD for all the chaos, catastrophe, problems and hardships that they encounter in their lives, but little did they realize that amidst of those unbearable and not-so-ideal things in their lives, GOD was there helping them carry their burdens and helping them to survive their daily lives no matter how stubborn and bad they may be.
Based on what i have learned, in some cases people are living miserably because they forget about GOD. They neglect GOD’s calling and most of the time, they take GOD for granted.
We are not and we will never be in the position to blame GOD for whatever unwanted things that happen in our lives, we should be thankful instead, that despite of our mischievousness and bad attitudes , HE is always there, sustaining our basic needs to survive everyday. One of the best things that i have learned from Bro. Eli is that “Seek God first and you will have the best in life.” This also is in agreement with what Apostle Matthew said in the Holy Scripture in Matthew 6:33 (King James version) that says;
But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you.
I am very glad that i got to learn these things before this year ends. GOD willing hopefully there will be more things that i will learn next year if GOD permits.
2 Corinthians 9:15 (King James Version)
Thanks be unto God for his unspeakable gift.
I myself do not know what’s in store for me next year, year 2011, GOD willing but whatever it is, i should always be reminded of what is written in the book of Romans 8:28 (King James version) that says;
And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose.